“The important thing is not the destination but the trip itself! ” Robert Louis Stevenson said, land on a plane somewhere lost the infinite beauty of landscapes traveled? we selected for you the 10 most beautiful roads in the world
10. BAIE DU CAP (MAURITIUS) – In the south of the island, between Flic-en-Flac and Bel Ombre, this comfortable and safe road offers the opportunity to take a look right, left, on the expanse of turquoise water and lush vegetation.
9. ROUTE 40 (ARGENTINA) – One of the longest roads in the world with its 5,500 km: parallel to the Andes Cordillera it crosses 20 national parks, 18 rivers and at least as many beautiful landscapes.
8. “GREAT OCEAN ROAD” (AUSTRALIA) – Along the southeastern coast of Australia between the cities of Torquay (world renowned for surfing) and Allansford, the road is listed as a national heritage site.
7. GORGES DADÈS (MOROCCO) – East of Marrakech in the High Atlas, these mountain loops that follow the gorges to Agoudal, at the head of Todra are very popular with tourists .
6. TIANMEN ROAD (CHINA) – 99 bends, some at 37 °, all over 11 km, vertigo is guaranteed! Beautiful reward at the top of the mountain, in the north of China’s Hunan province with the Tianmen cellars, a natural hole at 1,200m above sea level.
5. SANI COAST (SOUTH AFRICA) – Beautiful but dangerous, this winding road stretches for 9 km long at the western end of KwaZulu-Natal province crossing the border with neighboring Lesotho. Climb aboard a good 4X4, at nearly 2,800m above sea level but do not get too close to the impressive precipices
4. HIGHWAY 1 (CALIFORNIA) – The Pacific Coast Highway is the American dream from start to finish. Running along the Pacific coast from northern California, this route spans 882 kilometers. It offers magnificent panoramas and crosses star cities like San Francisco and Los Angeles.
3. KARAKORUM ROAD (PAKISTAN) – This international road at 4,693 m altitude on the China-Pakistan border is the highest tarmac road in the world. We understand why she is unofficially known as the “eighth wonder of the world”. Remember to take a CD, the radio goes bad!
2. ATLANTIC HIGHWAY (NORWAY) – 8.3 km long, this marvel of the cities of Molde and Kristiansund (in the western fjords) was built on several islets and reefs and has 8 bridges and several viaducts. This decor gives the impression of rolling over the water .
1. ROAD 66 (UNITED STATES) – “The Mother Road” is a myth and connects Chicago to Los Angeles for nearly 4,000 km, crossing three time zones and 8 states.